What precautions is your office taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
In July 2020, our office reopened for in-person sessions, with the following precautions in place:
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask. Masks must be worn in all common areas of the building, as well as within the office suite. Masks must be worn during sessions.
- All staff are screened each day for COVID symptoms.
- Upon arrival, all children must be screened, including having their temperature taken before entry into the office. Any child with a temperature above 100F will not be permitted to enter the office.
- Parents must complete a screening form, including an attestation that their child nor any family member has not exhibited any symptom of COVID within 72-hours of their appointment.
- Upon entry into the office, children must use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is used between activities, as well.
- The waiting room is closed.
- The sensory gym is closed.
- Scheduling is staggered.
- All toys and surfaces are cleaned with a bleach solution (or steam, for soft surfaces) between sessions.
- All common areas are cleaned at the end of the day.
- A commercial air purifier is run each night.
The decision to return to in-person sessions is entirely up to each family. If, at any point, a family and/or Amy feels that in-person sessions are not safe, teletherapy will be offered as an alternative. All CDC, New York State, and New York City recommendations are followed, including those regarding remaining open.
© 2020 - 2021, Amy Weber LCSW, PLLC